Salary or dividend

//Salary or dividend

Salary or dividend

As a director you have to take a certain salary according to tax law. Suppose you want you get some supplementary income from the corporation. Often it is fiscally advantageous to do so via a dividend instead of an additional salary.

Suppose you receive a salary of € 60.000 in 2015. You have had a good year wit a result of €160.000 and would like an additional € 25.000 from the corporation.

Are you going to take this € 25,000 via payroll, then 52% income tax is withheld, namely € 13,000.

Is this amount taken out the corporation as dividend, then first the company pays 20% corporation tax. The remaining 80% is taxed at 25% income tax.

The effective tax rate was 40% through a distribution of dividend, namely € 10,000.

In this example you will save  € 3.000 tax money when choosing dividend.

2017-03-14T11:09:56+01:00

Salaris of dividend

Als directeur moet u volgens de fiscale spelregels een bepaald salaris uitkeren. Dit noemt men de gebruikelijk loonregeling. Stel dat u naast uw salaris nog een aanvullend inkomen uit de BV wilt halen. Vaak is het dan fiscaal voordeliger om dit via een dividenduitkering te doen dan door middel van een aanvullend salaris.

Stel dat u een salaris geniet van € 80.000. U heeft een goed jaar gedraaid met een winst van € 160.000 en wilt graag een extra € 25.000 uit de B.V. naar privé overhevelen.

Gaat u deze € 25.000 verlonen, dan zal 50% inkomstenbelasting ingehouden worden, namelijk € 12.500.

Keert u het bedrag als dividend uit, dan betaalt de werk BV eerst 20% vennootschapsbelasting. Over de resterende 80% betaalt u 25% inkomstenbelasting.

De effectieve belastingdruk is dan 40% via een winstuitkering, namelijk € 10.000.

Het scheelt in dit voorbeeld dan € 3.000 belastinggeld bij de keuze voor een dividenduitkering.

2019-04-09T11:00:20+01:00